Sponsored Reserve General Terminal Operative - Solent Gateway Ltd
A General Terminal Operative, cargo operations, mooring of vessels, loading/unloading and securing of both civilian and military cargo.
Port Operating organisation Solent Gateway Ltd (SGL) has entered into a contract with the MoD to operate the UK MoD’s Sea Mounting Centre (Military Port) and provide a global Port Enabling/Operating function which, under normal conditions can be performed by a civilian workforce, but during military operations may require a military workforce capable of being called up for mobilised service.
A General Terminal Operative carries out cargo operations, including the mooring of vessels, loading/unloading and securing of both civilian and military cargo whilst utilising specialised heavy plant and machinery. In addition this post will be required to carry out site support, maintenance and general housekeeping tasks as required. Full training will be provided to ensure competence in all aspects of your job role.
The Port Operating and Enabling Capability is a vital function that ensures the MoD’s maritime cargo is loaded, unloaded and handled safely and successfully.
In this exciting role you will get to experience the best of both worlds!
Day to day, you will enjoy the benefits of working for a leading port operating organisation as a General Terminal Operative, working at the UK MoD’s Sea Mounting Centre (Military Port) and when required at overseas ports. On top of this, over the course of 12 months, you will be given the opportunity to undergo up to 38 days training with the Army Reserves. Training includes basic fitness training, leadership skills and could lead to the possibility of adventure training. You will then get to put this training to the test on challenging and rewarding exercises and on deployments, in the UK or abroad.
- Excellent base salary plus deployment bonus
- World class civilian recognised training
- Potential to gain further qualifications
- Potential to work abroad for short durations (up to 6 months if required)
- Full time employment contract
- Must be eligible to become an Army Reserve
- Fully qualified stevedore and willing to undertake training
- Able to pass Army fitness and medical tests
- Motivated to learn new skill
- Must be willing to undertake NVQ /QCF or Apprenticeship qualifications
- Must undertake and pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Must be in possession of full clean UK driving licence
- It is essential that you will undertake and pass baseline security checks
For more information or an application form please contact;
Mrs Debs Jones
Telephone: 02380 664469