A volunteer at SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity is asking people to help a 100-year-old veteran, former Second World War...
Train4All Construction Academy was opened in 2008 to provide training for those working in or looking to enter into a career within the Construction Industry, with Mechanical Engineering and Welding coming on board with the Southwest WeldingAcademy in 2021.
Being a specialist provider of training for the Engineering and Construction industry and with over 200 current enrolments, we are now one of the leading providers delivering training to learners and employers across the Southwest and beyond. Train4All have Academies in Somerton, Somerset and working alongside Vistry Partnerships, live on-site Skills Academies are now in Alphington in Exeter and North Prospect in Plymouth.
The Academies provide a range of construction, engineering, welding, health and safety and management programmes aimed specifically at those currently serving in the armed forces, those looking to resettle and those that have already entered civilian life. Many programmes can result in direct employment opportunities.
Our team consists of a dedicated force resettlement co-ordinator and 14 trainers that all have extensive industrial experience and expertise in teaching the subjects that they provide training in; all are qualified lecturers and have the ability to explain and demonstrate their subject area in a way that is easy for learners to understand.
We have been awarded the Bronze Armed Forces Covenant for our commitment to providing training and employment to Armed Forces men and women and their families and eagerly await an announcement regarding the Silver Covenant.
All Skills Academies have trade workshops which house assessment bays and are well equipped with all resources required to complete any chosen training programme. Classrooms and restrooms with vending machines are available for learners to use. Academies are easily accessible from the M5 and all have on-site parking.
Train4All hold strong employer links and as such actively recruit for our customer base across the South West and beyond. A programme launching in early 2022 will see Train4All supporting the growth at one of the UKs largest construction and Engineering projects with funded courses available for those leaving the Military.
Construction & Engineering Skills Training:
All of our courses are accredited by City and Guilds, ECITB or OCN and are delivered flexibly to suit individual requirements. Home Study packs are available prior to attending practical sessions in the workshops where required.
Short courses where ELC, SLC and IRTC funding grants can be used, as well as FREE employer sponsored training:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management Practice for the Construction and Built Environment Sector
- Engineering – Construction Operative Skills Bootcamp with employment opportunity
- Mechanical Engineering Skills Bootcamp with employment opportunity
- Welding Skills Bootcamp with employment opportunity
- FREEE 6-week British Gypsum Site Skimming Course
- L3 Certificate in Building, Installation and Property Maintenance
- Level 3 Award in Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671
- NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Work SupervisionLevel 3 Award In the In-Service Inspections and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT) Testing
- L3 Diploma in Bricklaying
- NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Health & Safety
- NVQ L3 Trowel Occupations 6570-03
- Level 3 Award in Initial and Periodic Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations - 2391/52
- Level 3 Award in understanding planning supervising and managing work at height
- City & Guilds Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision (Construction)
- Level 5 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice
- City & Guilds Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management (Construction)
- 2393-10 Level 3 Certificate in the Building Regulations for Electrical Installations in Dwellings
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Construction) - Site Carpentry
Courses Available Distance Learning/Online Courses
|City & Guilds Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Constructing the Built Environment
Advanced Certificate in Constructing the Built Environment - This new City & Guilds level 3 course is aimed at those looking to enter into the world of property development and property conversions
|South West||01458 274043 email website||
|Level 4 NVQ Diplomas in Construction Site Supervision
This is a qualification that confirms competency in site supervision in the construction industry and consists of 14 units of study - These courses will require approval from ELCAS
|South West||01458 274043 email website||