A vacancy exists within Marshall ADG for an experienced engineer to lead the technical elements of a complex upgrade to a fleet of military transport aircraft.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Product Engineer to work alongside the project manager to deliver this prestigious project. The candidate is likely to have previously held a senior position in a project team undertaking complex modifications to aircraft and will have a positive record of accomplishment of leading applied systems engineering methodologies in addition to exemplary leadership and communication skills.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Previous background with the installation of Rockwell Collins Flight2 glass cockpit into legacy aircraft, ideally C-130. (Essential)
- Ability to act as the conduit between design teams (both internal and external contractors) and installation teams, positively influencing the condition of supply to the aircraft. (Essential)
- Strong understanding of how a proposed electrical and structural installation design is to be fitted to an aircraft, in support of the development of a detailed schedule.
- Experienced working alongside and driving/influencing design teams to effect efficient installations on the aircraft
- Will be responsible for defining the condition of supply of internal modification designs.
- Will be responsible for aligning external installation designs with internal designs to ensure their efficient combined installation onto the aircraft.
- Strong communicator with engagement at CEO and stakeholder level.
- Will regularly travel to customer and supplier locations in Europe and USA..
ABOUT THE REWARDS
Marshall ADG offers employees an attractive reward package. This comprises:
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Generous company pension scheme
- Access to a healthcare plan
- An excellent flexible benefit scheme
- Access to a discount scheme which offers substantial savings with a range of retailers, hotel chains, holiday companies etc.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice. We are renowned and respected worldwide for our quality of service, engineering excellence, flexibility and reliability.
Part of the 105 year-old Marshall Group of Companies, which has an annual turnover of £1.3 billion, we have over 80 years of aviation experience and have completed over 1500 aircraft modifications in 35 countries. Within our land systems capability, we have designed, manufactured, delivered and supported more than 5000 tactical shelters in over 200 different configurations.