Assessment Manager – EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) Testing
UKAS is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual with radio frequency calibration experience to work as an Assessment Manager.
This is a challenging and satisfying role, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for a world leading Accreditation Body.
It is expected that the successful applicant will:
- Have significant laboratory practical experience, preferably within an ISO/IEC 17025 measurement environment.
- Have appropriate technical education in an engineering discipline.
- Have detailed technical expertise in EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) testing, a knowledge of military/automotive/aerospace EMC testing would be an advantage.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with laboratory staff, management and stakeholders at all levels.
- Have a keen interest in good metrology and its implementation.
The individual appointed will be responsible for managing the assessment of laboratories throughout the UK. They will appoint assessment teams, lead and participate in assessment visits and provide support on both technical and policy issues.
The position involves extensive travel with frequent overnight stays, mainly within the UK.