When it comes to your resettlement, a number of organisations exist to provide support and guidance, says Hannah...
Aircraft Avionic Technicians
Serco currently has vacancies for Aircraft Avionic Technicians to work within the Aircraft Maintenance Section at RAF Northolt in Middlesex (HA4 6NG). The role involves undertaking rectification and scheduled maintenance tasks on the RAF’s fleet of BAe146 Aircraft.
The role offers the chance to work closely with, and directly support, 32 (The Royal) Sqn which provides an exciting and unique service to the Government and Armed Services. You will be part of a team which takes great pride in providing a service which is recognised at a national level.
We can offer candidates several different shift patterns and may be able to agree to bespoke working arrangements to meet personal commitments. Many of our staff take advantage of our primary shift pattern which is 4 on/ 4 off, allowing staff to commute from further afield.
Our leave allowance is generous and there is reasonable opportunity for voluntary overtime. Furthermore, we offer BAe146 training and career development opportunities to more deeply specialise as an Avionics Technician or grow into team leader and manager roles both at Northolt and UK/Worldwide within Serco.
Duties include Flight line operations and flight servicing
Scheduled maintenance and repair tasks on Aircraft and Avionic/Electrical Systems.
Current pay is £33212 (Including shift allowance) annual pay increase pending
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Recognised level of Aeronautical/Avionic engineering training (Essential).
- Demonstrable practical experience in aircraft maintenance (Essential).
- Previous experience of working within the Military Aviation Environment (Essential). We welcome candidates with both civil and military experience and our team benefits from having both. Our military staff originate from all 3 services and we can offer bespoke career transition packages as well as advice and support for those in the process of career transition.
- Type qualification/experience BAe146 aircraft (Desirable). We provide BAe146 training for candidates with no previous experience.
- The ability to hold/pass UK SC level security vetting (Essential but not a day 1 requirement). Note: this highly desirable qualification endures after your employment with Serco and allows access to many otherwise ‘closed’ roles.
- Full UK driving Licence (Desirable).
- Flexible/adaptable work ethos (Desirable).
The positions are linked to RAF Sponsored Reserve service. This offers the chance for considerably enhanced salary when deployed. In addition to engineering duties;, personnel will be expected to discharge the duties of a RAF aircraft technician including overseas deployment on the specific periods when activated in their Sponsored Reserve role. Training is provided for this role which is not onerous and is aimed at candidates with no previous military experience and normal levels of fitness. Any candidates who have previous military experience will be able to bypass most of this training. Completion of this training attract an additional tax-free allowance of £3000 per year.