At FCDO Services, we protect the UK’s interests at home and overseas. We design and construct secure government buildings, courier diplomatic packages worldwide, safeguard government tech, and a whole lot more. Our work is as varied and vital as it gets, but we never lose sight of our people. Their skills, aspirations and growth mean as much as the global mission we're on. In our world, it all matters.
Our apprenticeships are as varied and fascinating as the work we do are designed to help you learn by taking on a real role in our important work, alongside experienced colleagues. At the same time, you’ll have all the support you need to work towards your fully-funded qualification.
Our apprentices are trusted members of the team who play an important role in everything we do. Here, you’ll find the different paths to choose from and explore – each designed to set you up for a long-term career. Whether you’re interested in engineering, leading on large global projects, technology and IT or logistics, there’s an apprenticeship for you at FCDO Services.
Here is a list of our Milton Keynes-based programmes commencing in 2024:
- Apprentice Engineering Technician
- Apprenticeship in IT
- Apprentice Associate Project Manager (IT)
- Apprenticeship in Logistics
Why do an FCDO Services Apprenticeship?
You’ll do real work on live projects, tackling interesting challenges and learning from supportive experts. Because our apprentices never sit on the sidelines. Plus, you’ll gain accredited qualifications and learn vital skills, as you build on the experience you need to potentially take on a full-time role with us. Expect hands-on training, classroom learning and clear progression at every step. And, you’ll have impact on a global scale while you’re helping to protect the nation at home and around the world. Some apprentices even get to travel and work overseas too.
What we offer:
- A range of programmes from IT to logistics
- Competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including Civil Service pension
- Fully funded, accredited qualifications and expert training
- Real-world impact, protecting the UK’s interests
- Opportunities for international travel and overseas work, depending on your programme
- Opportunities for flexible and hybrid working, depending on your programme
- A free shuttle bus to and from central Milton Keynes for roles based at our Hanslope Park site
- A potential full-time job with FCDO Services at the end of your programme
- • A welcoming, friendly and inclusive environment.
Expect a welcoming, friendly and inclusive environment
Different cultures, different backgrounds and different paths to get here – our apprentices bring a wide range of perspectives and experiences, and that’s critical to our success. After all, it takes a diverse team to protect a diverse world. We’ll embrace everything that makes you, you. Expect supportive colleagues, supportive networks – and the kind of opportunities that are designed to help you flourish, personally and professionally. You’ll have experienced mentors to guide you, teammates on hand to help, and allies who encourage you to achieve more than you thought possible.