Have you ever thought about working in healthcare? Have you ever considered osteopathy?
The College of Osteopaths is a small specialist not-for-profit educational institution. It has a 70-year history of preparing students for osteopathic practice via part-time study.
- Our Osteopathy degree/integrated Masters - accredited by the General Osteopathic Council - is the only course of its kind in the UK. It's ideal if you need something that's flexible to accommodate your career/family commitments.
- Two virtually identical programmes delivered in Stoke-on-Trent and in London, with the option to transfer between the two. Delivered in partnership with the College of Osteopaths, this course is the UK's only 100 per cent part-time pathway into osteopathy.
- Our students come from a range of backgrounds. Many have a full-time or part-time job. Several have family commitments.
Whether you have a degree in another subject, or no formal qualifications since leaving school, you'll need to be a capable learner - particularly in the science subjects - and you'll be comfortable with the hands-on aspect of osteopathic skills.
- You'll be taught over 18 weekends spread across each academic year
- You'll also complete 1200 hours of clinic-based learning throughout the course
- We have excellent student-teacher ratios, so you'll get to know your tutors well
- To help you to accommodate your other commitments, we're flexible about when you attend the osteopathic teaching clinic
- It's open on weekdays, evenings and some Saturdays, so you can choose a time that suits
- The clinic is run by experienced tutors and is open to members of the public
- You'll combine clinic-based learning with classroom learning, self-directed home study, peer group learning and practical sessions
- And you'll be assessed in a range of different ways - from clinic-based assessments, to written exams, coursework, critical appraisal and presentations.
In addition to tuition fees, students are asked to purchase some clinical equipment such as a clinic coat, diagnostic testing kit, anatomical models, plus DBS certificate.
Our course is listed with ELCAS
If you are interested in a hands-on healthcare environment; enjoy listening to and helping people; have good communication skills then come visit us on an open day and find out more
0208 905 1937 (London Campus) or 01782 294596 (Staffordshire Campus)
Visit our website
13 Furzehill Road, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire WD6 2DG
ELC Funding No
Question Add to
Courses Available Distance Learning/Online Courses
|Leisure, therapy and well-being|
|Master of Osteopathy (M.Ost) or Bachelor of Osteopathy (B.Ost)
We offer an integrated undergraduate part-time degree in osteopathy leading to either a Bachelor of Osteopathy or Master of Osteopathy qualification. All students registered onto the programme who are achieving a 2:1 or a 1st will be invited to complete the M.Ost. However to practice as an osteopath you only need to complete the B.Ost. You can make this choice at the start of year 4.
|Greater London, West Midlands||0208 905 1937 (London Campus) or 01782 294596 (Staffordshire Campus) email website||