Wagtail UK are leading international specialists in detection dogs and dog handler training.
From our headquarters in Flintshire, North Wales, Wagtail UK provides detection dogs and related services for government agencies such as UK Border Force, HM Revenue & Customs, Police, Trading Standards and Armed Forces.
The recent accreditation as an Approved Learning Provider under the MOD’s ELC Scheme has been a pivotal moment and strengthens Wagtail’s commitment to supporting the Armed Forces community.
Collin Singer, Managing Director at Wagtail UK explained, “65% of Wagtail Operational Dog Handlers are ex Armed Forces. 8 out of 10 Wagtail Management team are ex Armed Forces. We are inextricably an Armed Forces friendly organisation.” "Achieving Approved Learning Provider status with the ELC is something we’re extremely proud of and strengthens our commitment to supporting the Armed Forces community."
Please click here to read a case study written by one of our past students who completed a Wagtail course using their ELCAS credits.
- We are fortunate to have full time instructors from diverse military, police and civil backgrounds who work within the industry
- Our multi-disciplined instructors have a wealth of knowledge and experience, both in the UK and overseas, in order to encompass all your training requirements, aspirations and expectations
- All our instructors are qualified to the appropriate level, approved through the QCF, and are adept at delivering blended learning to audiences worldwide
- We offer unrivaled support following completion of one of our courses
Our Training Centre
- Wagtail International School of Excellence is a fully approved centre endorsed by Highfield Awarding Body for Certification
- We have dedicated training facilities on site and a wide range of ‘live’ training areas in the local area to enrich the learning experience
- We are one of only a few training companies Home Office approved to hold real training samples and have a full suite of training aids believing that training on real substance is best practice and a superior option to pseudo scent samples
- Our courses include training and development which leads to a more rounded handler
- Each of our courses has been specifically designed to meet industry expectations and where appropriate compliant to BS 8517-2-2010
- Completion of our courses have led to individuals finding employment in the industry
- All our courses are endorsed by another industry expert
- All Wagtail courses include additional Guided Learning Hours above the mandated requirements and have additional lessons that broaden knowledge, consolidate understanding and impart trade complexities that students will find invaluable.
(Please do mention Quest Magazine or Quest Online if you speak to the above training company)
Courses Available Distance Learning/Online Courses
|Level 3 Wagtail Award for a Proactive Drug Detection Dog Handler £1,400.00
This course provides the student with a complete range of skills, understanding and knowledge to carry out drug detection dog searches in an operational environment. Includes search of buildings, venues, vehicles and more. (Duration 14 days)
|Wales||01745 561 166 email website||
|Level 4 Wagtail Award in Explosive Detection Dog Handlers Course £3,995.00
An intensive, hands-on course, designed to teach individuals the necessary skills, understanding and knowledge to carry out explosive detection dog searches in an operational environment. (Duration 26 days)
|Wales||01745 561166 email website||
|Level 3 Certificate in Professional Working Dog Handling - Dual Drug Detection Dogs £3,515.00
Combining the skills to search buildings, venues, vehicles, open spaces, the passive screening of people and more. (Duration 21 days)
|Wales||01745 561166 email website||