Have you ever thought about working in healthcare? Have you ever considered osteopathy?
The College of Osteopaths is a small specialist not-for-profit educational institution. It has a 70-year history of preparing students for osteopathic practice via part-time study.
- Our Osteopathy degree/integrated Masters - accredited by the General Osteopathic Council - is the only course of its kind in the UK. It's ideal if you need something that's flexible to accommodate your career/family commitments.
- Two virtually identical programmes delivered in Stoke-on-Trent and in London, with the option to transfer between the two. Delivered in partnership with the College of Osteopaths, this course is the UK's only 100 per cent part-time pathway into osteopathy.
- Our students come from a range of backgrounds. Many have a full-time or part-time job. Several have family commitments.
Whether you have a degree in another subject, or no formal qualifications since leaving school, you'll need to be a capable learner - particularly in the science subjects - and you'll be comfortable with the hands-on aspect of osteopathic skills.
- You'll be taught over 18 weekends spread across each academic year
- You'll also complete 1200 hours of clinic-based learning throughout the course
- We have excellent student-teacher ratios, so you'll get to know your tutors well
- To help you to accommodate your other commitments, we're flexible about when you attend the osteopathic teaching clinic
- It's open on weekdays, evenings and some Saturdays, so you can choose a time that suits
- The clinic is run by experienced tutors and is open to members of the public
- You'll combine clinic-based learning with classroom learning, self-directed home study, peer group learning and practical sessions
- And you'll be assessed in a range of different ways - from clinic-based assessments, to written exams, coursework, critical appraisal and presentations.
In addition to tuition fees, students are asked to purchase some clinical equipment such as a clinic coat, diagnostic testing kit, anatomical models, plus DBS certificate.
If you are interested in a hands-on healthcare environment; enjoy listening to and helping people; have good communication skills then come visit us on an open day and find out more