Rallying call to Armed Forces Community to nominate their unsung heroes
Who will you nominate? Who do you know who deserves to be recognised for their outstanding contribution to the Armed Forces
At a special launch event at the National Army Museum, Chelsea, Senior Ministers, senior and serving members of the military, veterans, former Awards winners and business leaders were encouraged to think about who they will nominate. The Soldiering On Awards honours the Armed Forces community with 12 categories ranging from Inspiration and Sporting Excellence to Business Awards and Family Values. A 13th Award, the People’s Choice Award, is selected by the judges, led by General the Lord Dannatt.
This year there are two new Awards :
- The Education, Training and Development Award will recognise excellence in skills development, particularly in light of resettlement and transition.
- The Defence Inclusivity Award will recognise organisations and individuals who are working to achieve greater diversity and inclusion across the Armed Forces community
Following on from a successful partnership for the 2018 Awards, the Soldiering On Awards have announced they are joining forces with X-Forces Enterprise Group CIC in order to further strengthen relationships with the Armed Forces community and provide ongoing help and support to our winners and finalists. Awards Patron the Rt Hon Earl Howe PC says: ‘The Soldiering On Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of former servicemen and women who are shining examples to us all with their can-do attitude and transferable, valuable skills acquired during the course of serving in the Armed Forces. All of our Finalists and Winners very ably demonstrate a positive contribution to society, that continues long after they leave service. We look forward to receiving your nominations for this year’s awards!’
Tobias Ellwood, Minister for Defence People and Veterans, says:
“I never cease to be inspired by the determination and selflessness of all those who work so tirelessly to support our Armed Forces. The Soldiering On Awards are a fantastic way to pay tribute to those who have gone above and beyond to change the lives of our serving personnel, veterans and their families, and I urge everyone to nominate any businesses, organisations or individuals that have had a positive impact on the military community. “From raising awareness of mental health issues and promoting diversity within the military, to assisting veterans with their transition back to civvy street, they all deserve to be recognised for their vital support.”
President and co-chair of judges, General the Lord Dannatt GCB CBE MC DL says:
“I am really excited about the amount of support there is for the wonderful work of the Armed Forces and all that they doing for peace and security in the World. The Soldiering On Awards recognises those who have gone “over and beyond” the call of duty, whether as military people or as civilian charities, businesses and organisations supporting the military. As Chair of the Judging Panel, I urge everyone to think about who they can nominate for one of these prestigious awards”.
RAF veteran Luke Delahunty, who was paralysed from the chest down 22 years ago, won the 2018 People’s Choice Award. He says:
‘I was extremely surprised and honoured to be nominated by the RAFBF. I never expected to win an award for living my life and doing things that I enjoy and supporting charities that do such valuable work. It’s important for everyone to give back and help those that need it. I’m very fortunate to be in a position to do that.’ Soldiering On Awards joins X-Forces Enterprise Group CIC After the great success of the Soldiering On Awards and X-Forces partnership for the 2018 Soldiering On Awards we are delighted to announce that we have taken that collaboration a step further. Soldiering On Awards has now become fully integrated within X-Forces Enterprise Group CIC. This will enable us to build of our exciting plans to grow and serve the Armed Forces Community that both organisations are passionate about. Soldiering On Awards will remain a separate and distinct brand, continuing to support all constituent parts of the Armed Forces community, as our strapline “The Armed Forces Community Awards” states. Being part of X-Forces will enable us to leverage existing capability and provide greater resource to achieve our mission to differentiate the Awards by providing our Finalists and Winners with the tools they need to help them to further build on their successes and achieve their goals.
Tal Lambert MBE, Chairman Soldiering On Awards says:
“I’m delighted that Soldiering On Awards have become a fully integrated part of X-Forces Enterprise Group - a not-for-profit Community Interest Company with exemplary credentials within the Armed Forces Community; renowned for their collaboration within our Community and beyond. On behalf of all who have been part of our story from the beginning, I know I can say we look forward to the next exciting phase of the Awards’ journey!.”
Ren Kapur MBE, CEO X-Forces says:
“We are both humbled and excited about taking the partnership with Soldiering On Awards to the next level. At the core of what we stand for is what we can do to support, elevate and celebrate the successes of our armed forces community in their endeavours. Together we have amazing plans which include ongoing guidance, networking and promoting of these great role-models so that others can also follow in the footsteps and we can effect great change together with our business sponsors, charity partners and government”
Nominations are now open for the 2019 Soldiering On Awards and will remain so until the 30th September. A 13th Award, the People’s Choice Award, is selected by the judges.
It couldn’t be easier to nominate: Simply, go to: http://www.soldieringon.org/nominations-for-the-2019-awards-are-now-open
So, let’s get started! Start your nomination and help us give someone the recognition they deserve!
Select from the following categories to make your nomination:
- Healthcare & Rehabilitation Award – Sponsor Redwood Technologies Group: In recognition of a person or team who have demonstrated a major commitment and contribution in support of the physical or mental welfare of serving or former members of the armed forces community through healthcare, therapeutic treatment or rehabilitation services and support.
- Family Values Award – Sponsor Net App: In recognition of a person, family or group whose selfless commitment, dedication and support for others in ensuring that they are cared for is a shining example of family values.
- Sporting Excellence Award – Sponsor Spectra Group: In recognition of a person or team who have overcome challenges and demonstrated outstanding achievements in the field of sport.
- Inspiration Award - Sponsor telent: In recognition of a person or group who have overcome significant challenges, injury or disability and whose achievements are an inspiration to others.
- Forces in Mind Trust Working Together Award – Sponsor FiMT: In recognition of a person, team or organisation that has demonstrated an enduring commitment and collaborative approach to supporting the sector within the wider community.
- Animal Partnership Award – Sponsor Pets at Home: In recognition of the unique companionship and support provided by animal partners and the achievements of organisations who support the Armed Forces community. The animal partnership award winner is chosen by a public vote.
- Education, Training and Development Award - Sponsor Capita: Recognising excellence in the provision of education, training and skills development in support of vocational or employment transition.
- Defence Inclusivity Award - Sponsor Landmarc: Recognising the commitment and achievements of individuals and organisations in achieving greater diversity and inclusion throughout the Armed Forces community.
- Business of the Year – Start Up Award - Sponsor Sage: In recognition of a new business, that was started by an individual linked with the Armed Forces, that has been in business for less than two years.
- Business of the Year – Scale Up Award - Sponsor London Stock Exchange Group: In recognition of a business, that was started by an individual linked with the armed forces, which was established over two years ago and still retains a minimum of 51% interest in the venture.
- Business of the Year – Community Impact Award - Sponsor Cisco: In recognition of a business, that was started up by an individual linked with the armed forces, that has a made a real impact to the Armed Forces community.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: In recognition of a person or group whose lifetime of dedicated service has provided a significant contribution in support of the Armed Forces community.
- People’s Choice Award: Nominees for the People’s Choice Award will be selected from the above Awards categories by the Awards judges and put forward for a public vote.
Case Studies See all
ELC Q&A with former Royal Engineer Daniel PartridgeRead more »
Tiffany joined the Territorial Army in 1997, moving to the Regular Army in 2000 until she left the Armed Forces in October 2017. Her final role was overseeing the procurement of medical equipment and...Read more »