After conquering the North Coast 500 cycle run around the most northerly coastline of Scotland in October last year,...
Inspirational leadership, management and coaching courses
inspired2learn offers a wide range of options to Service leavers looking for ELCAS-approved resettlement courses. Read on to find out how you could gain a professional qualification that will boost your transition prospects – and how others like you have already done just that!
inspired2learn (I2L) has a proven track record in the design and delivery of a wide range of leadership and management, and coaching and mentoring development programmes. With more than 20 years’ experience in training and development across a wide range of business sectors and organisations of all sizes, it can help you achieve a range of CMI and ILM qualifications.
- distance learning, with a wealth of online resources and a personal tutor
- an open course with face-to-face and/or online workshops.
I2L offers a flexible range of qualifications to choose from, approved for ELC funding. To find out more take a look at this blog which explores how you might achieve the best professional qualifications to help your career transition.
Quick links to course information
ELCAS-approved CMI Management and Leadership qualifications
- CMI level 3 Principles of Management and Leadership qualifications
- CMI level 5 Management and Leadership qualifications
- CMI level 6 Professional Management and Leadership Practice qualifications
- CMI level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership Practice qualifications
ELCAS-approved ILM Coaching and Mentoring qualifications
- ILM level 3 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM level 5 Certificate in Effective Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM level 7 Certificate for Executive and Senior Level Coaches and Mentors
- ILM level 7 Certificate for Coaching Supervisors
Got a question?
Click here to access frequently asked questions.
Reason for enrolling on your course with inspired2learn: Wanting to undertake some training that would be complementary to my future career as a teacher and useful in future leadership and management roles.
Benefits in terms of career transition: Coaching course built on my existing skills from my time in the Army. The flexibility in the course allowed me to study using my Graduated Resettlement Time.
Comments about quality of provision: Excellent support throughout the course. The four-day workshop was extremely helpful. I2L provided very quick advice on my assignment as I progressed, and face-to-face meetings with my tutor were also helpful to ensure I was doing the right thing. I2L’s location is also very useful for anyone resettling from the Salisbury Plain area.
Rank: Wing Commander
Reason for enrolling on your course with inspired2learn: I chose the ILM L7 in Executive Coaching as part of my medium-term strategy to exit the RAF and become an executive coach.
Benefits in terms of career transition: The qualification is recognised and respected in the competitive world of coaching and forms the critical path to enable my transitioning out of the RAF.
Comments about quality of provision: The training has been enjoyable, informative and well presented. The continuous support and encouragement offered is excellent.
Service: Royal Navy
Reason for enrolling on your course with us:
- The ability to enrol on a flexible learning scheme which was accredited through a recognised body (CMI)
- Advertised in Quest therefore recognised reputable product
- Initial contact with I2L was receptive and supportive to my individual requirements
- Excellent value for money with cost covered by one ELC, which was straightforward to administer.
Benefits in terms of career transition:
- Professional qualification (L7 in Strategic Leadership and Management, which is recognised by civilian employees
- Ability to achieve chartered status with a professional body
- Supported me in my new role as a strategic programme manager for the MoD
- Learning can be applied to civilian environment.
Comments about quality of provision:
- The support has been outstanding and on point
- Response to emails/queries/telephone discussions has been superb
- inspired2learn has responded to my learning need and provided me with the flexibility to change modules as my new role evolved
- There was no pressure for me to complete modules within given timeframes, which has worked as I transitioned from the Royal Navy and completed concurrent learning
- Interactive online learning and access to CMI resources is fantastic, as are the module guides provided, making learning varied and interesting
- I have recommended I2L to several colleagues due to its training delivery method, how it understands the military environment and, more importantly, the support provided at a critical time of your career, which places significant pressure and uncertainty on an individual as they transition.
Rank: Left as Colonel in June 2017
Reason for enrolling on your course with inspired2learn: ELCAS-registered provider with strong positive feedback.
Benefits in terms of career transition: Helping me move beyond my current experience as a leader by developing my ability as a coach. This has allowed me to develop a variety of new skills and move towards a portfolio career model.
Comments about quality of provision: The quality of the training and the level of individual support I2L has provided has been exceptional. I received the right balance of time and encouragement to keep on track to achieve the qualification. My tutor has a tremendous amount of personal experience as a professional coach and a deep theoretical knowledge of coaching, which means I am being trained by an expert who knows their subject in detail and can teach it extremely effectively.
Reason for enrolling on your course with inspired2learn: Flexible learning with direct access to CMI learning tools and resources, flexible payment options and a recognised civilian qualification.
Benefits in terms of career transition: Many of us operating within the military have a great deal of managerial experience and knowledge. Achieving a civilian-recognised qualification solidifies and endorses the expertise we have and promotes this effectively to civilian recruiters.
Comments about quality of provision: With numerous companies offering various management qualifications, I hit the jackpot with Barrie and his team at inspired2learn. From enrolment to completion I have received guidance and support throughout – even to the point where a tutor was selected to reflect the time zone of my detachment to the Falklands, which made for easier contact with a highly experienced tutor who supported my questions. I have found I2L to be professional, patient, flexible and extremely supportive – all qualities that are very helpful when supplying a service to military personnel.
Reason for enrolling on your course with inspired2learn: I found the course online. I was happy with the reviews and also happy that the course was so local to me and I could use my ELC.
Benefits in terms of career transition: I am hoping to be an HR manager and having a coaching qualification on my CV will boost my chances of landing the ideal job.
Comments about quality of provision: Quality has been great so far. My tutor, Clare, is very experienced and approachable.
Get in touch
Personal contact with us can be a great help for you to fully understand your options, and for us to fully understand what you want to achieve. Please feel free to email us with your questions …
- CMI Management and Leadership qualifications: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ILM Coaching and Mentoring qualifications: email@example.com
Alternatively, you can call us on 01380 609313 and ask for Barrie or Clare, who will be very happy to have an informal chat – we offer informed and impartial advice, without obligation.
Or visit the inspired2learn website to find out more: www.inspired2learn.co.uk
Multinational conglomerate Amazon is joining up with RFEA – The Forces Employment Charity to offer free careers...
The Soldiering On Awards are delighted to launch networking events for the whole Armed Forces community, featuring a...
Case Studies See all
7 years, 10 months
Natalie Chapman served as a LBdr in the Artillery, specialising in logistics, before leaving the Army in November 2015 after almost eight years of service, to seek a new career after a 'change in her...Read more »
Marine Engineer Steven Pearson
Chief Petty Officer
with Marine Engineer Steven PearsonRead more »