SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity is encouraging all UK nationals from the Armed Forces community to complete their...
Once your claim is approved, you’ll find a range of choices available …
ELC are available for full- or part-time study for a qualification at level 3 or above, as defined on the National Qualifications Framework/Regulated Qualifications Framework (NQF/RQF),* with an organisation on the Approved Providers list held by ELCAS and viewable via its website. It could be an A-level, or an NVQ 3 or equivalent award. You may also use ELC to fund anything above that, too, like university modules or nationally recognised diplomas. These might include:
- foundation degrees
- postgraduate qualifications
- other academic qualifications
- professional self-development
- accreditation of prior learning
- vocational training
- registration and accreditation fees
- sports qualifications
- overseas qualifications
- resettlement training (during last two years of service only).
To find out more about accessing higher-level study in particular, click here to read our special HE feature.
CHOOSING A COURSE
Before deciding on a course, you should consider:
- its relevance to your personal development plan
- your ability to undertake it
- likely disruptions to Service requirements
- the flexibility of the study method.
* Although the NQF has been replaced by, first, the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) and subsequently the RQF, national standards and qualifications remain defined within the nine levels of the NQF, which is still referred to in JSP 822. Further details of the different qualification frameworks and levels can be found in JSP 822, downloadable here.
The Military Wives Choirs received part of a grant awarded to SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity by the Department for...
BeaverFit, the leading manufacturer of military outdoor fitness equipment and container gyms, has unveiled its...
Case Studies See all
Christian Woodfield from inspired2be.Read more »
On the road, in uniform and out
As you may have read elsewhere on the Quest website, Veterans’ Gateway recently introduced its first ever branded truck, kindly sponsored by international haulage business, Marine & Cargo, which...Read more »