Manchester United has become the first Premier League football club to stream its dedicated club channel, MUTV, free of...
Churchill granted Employer Recognition Scheme Silver Award
Soft services provider Churchill Group is delighted to announce that it has received the Employer Recognition Scheme Silver Award from the Armed Forces Covenant. Churchill signed the Covenant in August 2019 and was awarded Bronze status last year.
The Covenant is a pledge that those who serve and have served in the Armed Forces, and their families, will be treated fairly in society. The award recognises organisations that ‘promote being Armed Forces-friendly and are open to employing Reservists, Armed Forces veterans (including the wounded, injured and sick), cadet instructors and military spouses/partners’.
Churchill has demonstrated its commitment to ex-Armed Forces personnel in a number of ways, including:
- engaging with the defence business networking group
- supporting veterans in the recruitment process, and working with hiring teams by training them to engage effectively with applicants who may not be familiar with the job recruitment process
- implementing HR policies that support employees with a reserve or voluntary commitment
- working with the Career Transition Partnership, a programme that offers resettlement support, career transition advice and training opportunities
- joining the Forces Families Jobs platform, which allows Churchill to advertise jobs directly to the Armed Forces community (the platform is particularly beneficial for families that have moved to a new area and don’t have access to local networks or job boards)
- volunteering with the Coming Home Centre veteran charity in Glasgow, where Churchill employees spend their time with the veterans, cleaning up garden allotments, and providing hot meals and drinks
- being a key supporter of the War Memorial Museum and Veterans Hub in the north-east.
Says Louisa Clarke, operations director at Churchill, ‘It’s a huge testament to the commitment and support of everyone at Churchill that we have been awarded Silver status just one year after signing the Covenant. As a veteran myself, I feel passionate about supporting veterans and their families in rejoining the workplace. This award will spur us all on as we aim for Gold status next year.’
Churchill was one of 22 organisations to be awarded Silver status this year.
About Churchill Group
Churchill Group is one of the largest independently owned soft service providers in the UK, comprising specialist businesses involved with cleaning, catering, security, environment and compliance. Churchill’s clients enjoy the flexibility of a specialised single service through to a complete bespoke multi-service solution. Established more than 40 years ago, Churchill is redefining service for 1,000-plus clients in all sectors throughout the UK, including Meadowhall Shopping Centre, Northern Powergrid, Gazprom, the Royal College of Art, GTR, Network Rail, JLL, Investec, Port of Dover, Royal Veterinary College and Capital City Group College.
For further information, click here
The Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the...
Online electricals retailer AO has announced a national partnership with SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity. As SSAFA’s...
Case Studies See all
The ELC advantage
Using his ELC, Stuart Keillor, a Warfare Officer in the Royal Navy currently working as a programme manager at the MoD London, has combined his military career with continuous learning opportunities,...Read more »
Jamie Fanneran - Open IT
Jamie Fanneran, 31, served in the Royal Signals, specialising as a Communications Systems Operator, before leaving the Services in January 2016 ‘to settle my family in a fixed location, to give my...Read more »