‘Best of British’ Red Arrows to tour North America
In August, the Red Arrows will embark on ‘Western Hawk 19’, a programme of shows and events across 18 major cities in the USA and Canada.
The ten-week tour marks the largest and most ambitious deployment overseas by the Red Arrows in 25 years. It will be led by Antony Phillipson, Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner for North America, who will be joined by Secretary of State for International Trade, Liam Fox, and Defence Secretary, Penny Mordaunt, during separate legs of the trip.
- The Red Arrows have performed almost 5,000 times in 57 countries since 1965, and this summer’s tour will be the largest deployment to North America in a generation.
- Throughout the tour there will be an integrated programme of trade missions and business engagements, involving the display team and ground crew.
- The UK and USA have a US$240 billion-a-year trade relationship, supporting UK and US growth. We employ 1 million people in each other’s countries and the USA is the UK’s single largest export market.
Red Arrows North American tour dates*
- 5 Aug: Red Arrows depart RAF Scampton
- 7 Aug: arrive in Halifax, Canada
- 13 Aug: Gatineau Airshow, Greater Ottawa, Canada
- 22–25 Aug: New York
- 25–27 Aug: Washington, DC
- 28 Aug: Niagara Falls
- 31 Aug–2 Sept: Toronto Airshow
- 16–17 Sept: Rocky Mountains, Denver
- 24–26 Sept: Vancouver
- 1–2 Oct: Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
- 9 Oct: Mount Rushmore
- 15 Oct: return to RAF Scampton
* Subject to change
Says Secretary of State for International Trade, Liam Fox: ‘The Red Arrows are an iconic symbol of what makes Britain great. By sharing the experience, skill and spirit brought by their air and ground crews, we will once again demonstrate why the special relationship between our nations continues to endure.’
Defence Secretary, Penny Mordaunt, adds: ‘The UK shares a long-standing and special defence relationship with both Canada and the USA. Sending our world-famous RAF Red Arrows to demonstrate the best of British offers a clear indication of the UK’s global ambitions and will provide a unique opportunity to deepen our partnerships with two of our closest allies.’
Case Studies See all
Jasmine Eyers - Serving in the British Army
Thanks to a partnership with IBM and the Corsham Institute, SaluteMyJob is able to offer Veterans and Reservists free training in two of IBM’s key cyber security software products – ambitious...Read more »
Commanding Officer Joe Gossage, IRMCert
Risk Manager for the Executive Committee of the Army Board, British ArmyRead more »