A volunteer at SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity is asking people to help a 100-year-old veteran, former Second World War...
ROTALA Diamond NW & Preston (Bus)
Looking for suitably qualified and enthusiastic staff who want to be part of our business and help us to drive the standards of bus travel up. Providing a safe clean reliable vehicle to our customers.
Is to support the operational business of providing Safe Reliable Buses that are a pleasure to travel on. To do this we have undergone a major fleet transformation process with an investment of £30 million pounds in new vehicles.
To build on this we are looking to expand our Engineering capability as part of our commitments to the Workplace. Our engineers and support staff will be dedicated to supporting our existing drivers and customers across the network. This could mean working in one of our 3 bus garages which are based in Bolton and Eccles as part of Manchester plus our site at Preston,
This is an exciting time to be joining Rotala (Diamond NW & Preston) to help us shape the future of travel in our operating area. You will be the sort of person who welcomes a challenge, who can keep calm when those around you are not. You will be confident and thorough when dealing with all aspects of your role as we place the same level of importance on each member of the team as we all have the ability to influence the operation and our customers experience.
- Providing high levels of customer service to members of the public via the standard of modern euro 6 vehicles that we turn out daily.
- Carrying out repairs and compliance activity including MOTs to a varied fleet of 400 buses
- Reporting safety and reliability concerns, ensuring positive action is taken to reduce and mitigate risks.
- Identifying potential compliance and enforcement issues via comprehensive DVSA/ Irtec standard inspections.
- Continually improving the reliability and condition of the fleet through precision maintenance and servicing.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written across all levels.
- Willingness and desire to develop new skills and knowledge.
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to use initiative and sound judgment, make informed decisions or recommendations and work under pressure.
- Competent in the use of mobile devices and computers.
- Suitably Qualified for the role applied for.
- Have a set of transferable skills with the relevant qualifications
- Driving licence with the ability to be upskilled to PSV if required
Training will be provided. You should be prepared to undertake additional qualifications, to increase capability to carry out operational/ engineering activities where required.
- Pension scheme.
- Free travel for you on the Diamond & Preston network.
- 28 days’ annual leave (Pro rata dependent on role) incl of public and bank holidays.
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme.
To be eligible for this vacancy, you should
- Be 18 years old and over and be eligible to work in the UK.
- If you have a visa then it should be valid for at least 12 months from 1 Oct 2021