Pre-employment - Support Tutor (full or part-time)
The role of Pre-Employment Support Tutor will encompass supporting learners that have been identified as having additional learning support requirements in-order for them to complete the Pre-Employment Training courses they are undertaking i.e. support with reading, writing or just general guidance etc.
This role will require you to support classroom performance of the learners as well as aid the learner with portfolio building.
- In addition to the above, you will support the Tutor in ensuring all required funding paperwork is completed to the funder’s requirements.
- It is preferable that the ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a similar role or with the unemployed but is not essential, just a desire to help people succeed.
- The role will require significant travel to cover a wide area of the UK (Locations are: Liverpool, Bristol, Sheffield).
Skills People Group are a national provider of NVQ, Apprenticeships, Programmes for the unemployed and Compliance training. We specialise in both commercial and funded training and are proud to be nationally recognised as one of the UK’s largest private training providers. We are currently recruiting for support tutors to join our existing team working on our pre-employment programmes.
The successful candidate will undertake the following main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completion & maintenance of all learner support documentation.
- You will act as a personal/mentor on a one-to-one or group basis with delegates
- Observe and support learners & tutors in the classroom, providing feedback and guidance to ensure learning standards are met and qualifications are attained within agreed timescales
- Support learners in completion of learners’ portfolio of evidence etc
- Meet company, funding and awarding body requirements
The ideal candidate must possess the following Skills, Experience and Qualities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A desire to see people succeed
- Enthusiasm, patience and understanding of learner needs
- Work well under pressure and in a team environment
- Knowledge of ESFA& Ofsted requirements would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a similar or support role with the unemployed
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Experience of Pre-Employment Training
- Ideally hold a teaching or equivalent support qualification
- Experience of working in a support role with the unemployed
- Maths and English qualifications at Level 2 or above.
In return, Skills People Group will give you:
A competitive salary
23 days holiday + Bank Holidays along with 2 extra days annual leave after 2 years’ service
Employer contributory pension scheme
A challenging and rewarding role in a successful and growing business
The opportunity to grow with a business
- You will report to the Business Operations Manager
- You will be based Remotely
Equality and Diversity
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to promote equality and diversity throughout the Group.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to equal opportunity and diversity.
Health and Safety
- To promote health, safety and welfare throughout the Group.
- To undertake their duties and responsibilities in full accordance with the Group’s Health and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- It is the responsibility of the post holder to commit to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults within the organisation.
- The post holder will undertake their duties in full accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, e.g. dealing with learner issues i.e. safeguarding and referring on to specialist staff.
- This position is subject to an enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) and will be subject to satisfactory clearance of this check.
- If this position is classed as Regulated Activity, it is subject to an Adult & Child barring check.
- The details contained in this job description, particularly the principal accountabilities, reflect the content of the job at the date the job description was prepared. It should be remembered, however, that over time, the nature of individual jobs will inevitably change; existing duties may be lost, and other duties may be gained without changing the general character of the duties of the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, the Group will expect to revise this job description from time to time and will consult with the post holder at the appropriate time
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to HR@skillspeoplegroup.com
You can contact the HR team on 01246 589501 or 01246 589509