Pneumatic/ Hydraulic Mechanical Technician
A position exists for a Maintenance Mechanical Technician to work in a highly successful foundry operating a continuous process production facility.
The successful candidate will be a skilled maintenance technician/mechanical fitter who has served a formal recognised apprenticeship related to the trade. A HNC in a relevant subject would also be an advantage but is not essential.
A genuine multi-skilled approach together with the ability to work independently and as part of a skilled maintenance team is essential.
Core abilities to include - pro-active maintenance, fault diagnosis and rectification, all within time sensitive constraints.
Practical experience in fault finding and the ability to repair complex hydraulic and pneumatic systems is essential.
Ability to fault find from drawings or PLC systems relating to hydraulic and pneumatic circuits would be an advantage, as would training and experience in basic electrical skills.
Knowledge of modern maintenance philosophy (TPM/PPM/RCM) and experience of working within a machine shop/CNC environment would be advantageous.
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
- contributory pension scheme
- life assurance
- paid overtime
- Experience in fault finding and the ability to repair complex hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Need the candidate to hit the ground running - they need to be employed in a maintenance technician/mechanical fitter capacity already.
- Ability to fit in within the team and ability to work on own direction are also essential