MS SQL Developer
Due to ongoing successes my client has an opening for an SQL Developer. They use MS Server and the SQL Developer side is the main focus but if you have Database Developer skills as well or were willing to learn that would be great as well.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing the data warehouse and Microsoft Business Intelligence system
- SQL: Maintaining and developing - required to create Workflow forms for the systems:
- o Demonstrate understanding of the transactional databases.
- o Experience of designing queries, views, stored procedures.
- Maintenance and development of business required in-house applications using Visual Studio (C#).
- Maintenance and development of ‘User Friendly’ company databases:
- o Undertake training to ensure effective and efficient use of databases.
- o Analyse and improve systems/working methods.
- o Follow-up and review of database use and content to ensure continual improvement.
- o Provide ad-hoc help, guidance and assistance.
- o Create ad hoc reports as and when requested to improve management information - all reports in the systems are Crystal Reports.
- o Troubleshoot as and when required.
- Provide cover for IT administrator during periods of absence and/or specific projects.
- Create AD Hoc reports with the Microsoft SSRS reporting tool.
- Dynamic excel list/pivot/chart reports from the database.
- Ability to design SQL triggers.
- Ability to create integration between multiple database platforms (MSSQL to MSSQL, SQL to Access DB)
- You may be required to train other colleagues as and when requested.
- Any additional work identified as necessary for the smooth operation of the business.
- SQL Server 2005/2012
- MS Access
- Crystal Reports/Server XI/2008
- Object-orientated programming language (i.e. VB, C#)
- Microsoft Visual Studio.