The Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust (AFCFT) has provided SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity with a grant of £250,000 to...
Mid Level Java Developer
We are looking for a focus purely on Java skills - we need to make sure they have commercial experience and evidence of what they have done in their previous role.
- Core Java skills
- Java design patterns.
Reason for role-due to growth.
We are looking for a focus purely on Java skills-we need to make sure they have commercial experience and evidence of what they have done in their previous role.
Strong team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full understanding of the software development lifecycle Java development environments e.g. NetBeans or similar
- SQL and Relational databases e.g. MySQL or similar
- Source code management e.g. Git or similar
- Strong understanding of OOD and Java design patterns
- Excellent Core Java skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science (or related)
- Any industry Java related qualifications
- Minimum 1-year Core Java commercial experience
- Providing end user support
- Financial services experience
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Confident manner both written and verbally
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Ability to be flexible and learn quickly
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to make a positive contribution to both the team and the Company
The successful candidate will join the Systems Development Team at the headquarters in Bolton. The Systems Development Team design, develop and maintain Java-based solutions to support the ever growing and complex needs of the business. Their Java product is integral and critical to all areas of the business and since the client is going through rapid expansion in both headcount and new business this is an exciting time to join our team whilst we evolve our software platform to be scalable, resilient and in line with industry best practices. They partner closely with the Business Analyst Team and generally follow iterative,
Agile and Kanban based project management principles.
Role Purpose / Key Responsibilities
- Working collaboratively across Software Development and Business functions to design, develop, deliver and maintain high quality software solutions for the Business
- To be effective during all phases of the software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, estimating, implementation, testing, delivery, training and knowledge share) in accordance with current industry best-practise.
- To work in line with company and team objectives, ensuring adherence to relevant internal procedures and FCA regulations.
- To continually evaluate and refine standards and best-practices in the Java Development Team
- To represent the team and contribute in meetings with both peers and non-technical stakeholders
- This role provides an excellent opportunity to put your mark on a small but business critical team.
- Ensure high standards and accuracy of code at all times
- Communicate with stakeholders effectively
- Commitment to continuous improvement of technical skills
- Commitment to work in-line with company and team policies and procedures
- Behaviours should be as set out in the company handbook and culture, mission and strategy document.
Java Swing UI development
Automated builds with continuous integration