M&E Technical Officer (Kandahar, Afghanistan)
KBR Government Services deliver novel, large scale and complex projects across EMEA.
The Technical Officer must be of a Technical status and have a minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience.
- Technical – Minimum HND in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering together with proven relevant experience
- Trained in 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations
- Practical quantifiable experience in all aspects of Electrical installations
- Experience in all aspects of construction site management
- Hold valid DE certification of relevant discipline
- Hold a valid (3 day standard) First Aid certificate
- MOD/DE approved Authorised Person
Plans, manages and advises on, Mechanical and Electrical engineering works:
- Prepare estimates of cost.
- Prepare Option Studies.
- Develop new works proposals.
- Conduct technical inspections Theatre wide.
- Interpret design regulations.
- Undertake inspections including electrical system surveys.
- Use commercial software for design, planning and report writing.
- Advise on Mechanical and Electrical engineering problems.
- Brief staff on building and civil engineering matters.
- Recommend new works requirements to the client.
- Advise on construction health, safety and environmental matters.
- Supervise all site surveys and new works tasks.
- Attend and/or run Planning Meetings.
- Assume sole design responsibility for Mechanical and Electrical engineering layouts.
- Assist in designing building and civil engineering elements.
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents.
- Supervise design drawing production.
- Produce design drawings.
- Write specifications.
- Liaise with client, contractors and authorities.
- Produce bills of quantities, stores and materials lists.
- Estimate labour and equipment requirements.
- Plan for Health and Safety and notifiable CDM 2015 tasks.
- Liaise with building and civil engineering disciplines.
- Process new work requests.
- Check building and civil engineering designs.
- Control and update site records, as-built drawings, documents etc.
- Advise and liaise with project clients.
We have a range of opportunities from Programme & Project Management to blue collar work in military theatre. Operating in defence, infrastructure, facilities management and construction industry sectors, KBR have a variety of opportunities ranging from provision of services to the military/MOD, to Consultancy services for UK Forensics.
- To view all our career opportunities please click here