HGV Lorry Driver
Our main operating hub is located on a 13 acre site in Spalding, Lincolnshire where we have state of the art facilities and operate a modern fleet, which allow us to adapt to customers changing needs. We offer chilled and ambient stores, storage facilities as well as an order pick service. As well as our Spalding site, we also have operating locations in Evesham Worcs, Normanton Yorks, Wyton and Warboys, Cambs, Paddock Wood Kent and Carrington Lancs.
- To drive HGV Lorries (predominately refrigerated units) to designated customer depots in a safe, timely and efficient manner – utilizing designated routes.
- To ensure that you attend work on your allocated shift pattern and without deviation unless instructed. Attend work at the required start time, following instruction from the Transport Office.
- To adhere to Tachograph procedures and regulations.
- To adhere to UK Driving and EU Working Time Regulations during the course of your duties.
- To ensure that pre departure vehicle inspections and defect checks are completed prior to leaving depot .
- Liaise with Transport Office personnel in a courteous manner. Seek clarification and delivery directions for any tasks allocations that are unclear or unfamiliar.
- To ensure that delivery documentation (Running Sheets) are completed fully and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that frequent communication is maintained with the Transport Office during the course of duties with regard to road congestion/delays, arrival and departure times from customer depots, shortages, errors, damaged loads, returns and rejections.
- To collect trays and pallets as directed.
- To ensure that loads are placed in trailers in an optimum manner and secured safely for transit. Report any loading issues immediately and before departure. Load security is the driver’s responsibility.
- Ensure digital tachograph cards are downloaded daily at the end of the working shift.
- Ensure that any advice and instruction regarding tachograph infringements is adhered t, and to aid improvement in performance.
- Ensure that any vehicle accidents and incidents are reported immediately using the incident report form. Provide photographic evidence where possible to support investigation and insurance claims.
- Report any personal accident injuries, dangerous occurrence or near misses immediately to the Transport office.
- Ensure compliance with driver licence checking procedures and alert the Personnel Officer and Compliance personnel immediately, if there is a medical issue, prosecution or any other correspondence between yourself and the DVLA that may affect your ability to operate a HGV vehicle.
- Ensure that the appropriate entitlements are maintained with regard to Driver Periodic CPC qualifications and Driver Qualification Card. Participate in the company provided CPC training sessions.
- Where requested at 3rd party premises (and following appropriate training and instruction), assist with loading and unloading processes.
- To maintain good personal hygiene and present yourself in a clean and tidy condition. Where company work wear is provided, please ensure this is worn during the course of duties and that a positive image is promoted to external contacts.
- Always ensure that company provided safety boots are worn – at all times – including customer/supplier premises.
- Always wear hi-visibility clothing when exiting the vehicle and using pedestrian routes – including customer/supplier premises
- All employees are expected to adhere to company rules and procedures and act in a professional manner
- All employees are responsible for health safety of themselves and others around them and therefore should ensure that safety regulations and company rules are adhered to.
- All employees have a responsibility to ensure the defence, safety, legality and quality of food stored and distributed by FreshLinc and that they will comply with the Food Quality Policy.
- Undertake any training required to fulfill the role in a competent and safe manner, as directed by the Company
- Any other duties as directed by the company for which you are suitably qualified