Care Assistant – Carter House
We are looking for motivated, committed and enthusiastic individuals to join us in these important roles, whether you have experience in care or not.
C&C delivers person-centred care services for older people with a variety of care needs. Homely, warm and welcoming, we strive to offer our residents freedom of choice, a respectful community environment and the opportunity to live as independently as possible.
Our Care Assistants are special people. They do the job because they love it, and enjoy working for an organisation that's as enthusiastic about providing a quality, thoughtful and homely environment as they are. From helping with meal times to personal care, they play a vital role in enriching our residents' lives and enabling them to be as independent as possible.
Working with our residents to provide varying levels of support and care, you will recognise that spending time with someone and really listening to them is as important as ensuring their basic needs are met. You don't need qualifications, but you do need to be committed, motivated and able to work with empathy.
So, whether you've worked in a care environment before, or you'd like to start your career, why not get in touch with us.
1. Main Purpose of the Job
- To work with residents and the staff team to ensure residents receive a high standard of care.
- To work in partnership with residents encouraging choice, participation and motivation adhering at all times to C&C’s values.
2. Position within C&C
- The role reports to the Senior Care Assistant.
3. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To support residents with their physical care and personal hygiene needs, ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed as far as possible, in accordance with affording appropriate levels of privacy and dignity.
- To contribute to effective communication with residents, their relatives, friends, professional helpers and other members of staff, ensuring the continuity of quality and safety in the provision of personal care services.
- To encourage residents to maintain maximum independence, taking into account their physical and emotional condition and to stimulate their participation in the running of the service.
- To carry out the role of key worker for several residents.
- To handover and report any incidents which may have relevance to the residents’ individual plans.
- To become familiar with any changes in the residents’ condition or situation within the Care Home at the beginning of each shift.
- To escort and assist residents, as required, in and around the Care Home.
- To escort residents to obtain services including recreational, educational and leisure facilities in the community where appropriate.
- To assist with the provision of food and general housekeeping in accordance with the requirements of the service.
- To help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities and to assist in the use of care aids and personal equipment.
- To comply with all health and safety policies and procedures.
- To participate in supervision, appraisals, staff meetings and training activities as required.
- To travel to Central Office or other locations for the purpose of meetings or learning and development activities.
- To be responsible for maintaining and improving own knowledge and skills through experience and training.
- To undertake additional responsibilities as requested by management following the successful completion of specific training and personal skills development.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
To apply for this role, please upload your CV.
The requirements of this role can be found in the job description via this link
For more information on what we do at C&C, please visit our website www.ccht.org.uk