AGE Supervisor (Kandahar, Afghanistan)
KBR Government Services deliver novel, large scale and complex projects across EMEA.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on Aircraft Ground Equipment (baggage conveyors, GPU’s, Diesel Tractors, FLT’s), Light motor vehicles, HGV and plant machinery.
- City & Guilds, NVQ level 3 or equivalent in either a mechanical or electrical discipline.
- Supervisory experience in a workshop environment maintaining and repairing civil/military airfield ground equipment.
- Experience of managing and working with a multi-national workforce.
- Supervisory experience of a minimum of 20 staff.
- Experience of working within UK Health and Safety at Work legislations including a proven track record of identifying and understanding the actions required to reduce hazards and stop unsafe practices in the workplace.
- National from a NATO member state in order to obtain NATO Security Clearance.
- Working knowledge of vehicle & equipment manufacturer manuals to diagnose faults and identify parts.
- Ability to produce and precisely follow Safe Systems of Work and Method Statements.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Experienced in dealing with customers.
- Knowledge of military airfield operations and services would be an advantage.
- Experience of working on split loaders (specifically Atlas & Trepel).
- Be familiar with NATO, ICAO and ISO terminology.
- Experience of working on operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations.
- Ex RAF Generator Mechanic would be an advantage.
- Experience of ACU’s, ASU’s, and TSU’s
- Experience of recovery techniques for HGV and 4X4’s
- HGV C+E license
- Knowledge of military airfield operations and services.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of working on NSPA contracts.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervise maintenance and repair of all contract applicable vehicles and equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance and serviceability of all Airfield Ground Equipment (AGE).
- Documenting of all works carried out on vehicles and equipment’s for audit trails.
- Diagnose faults and identify parts through reading manufacturer manuals and other online research, and providing information to the EVM Supply Liaison for ordering in a timely manner.
- Will be responsible for the training of local workshop staff to ensure all mechanics are at the required standard.
- Ensure safe working practices, including the handling and disposal of waste materials.
- Will work towards achieving compliance with applicable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as well as those specifically highlighted in the Statement of Work (SOW) for the EVM Contract.
- Liaise with client & military representatives.
- Provide visibility on the Workshop Floor, checking for compliance with Workshop Risk Assessments & HSE compliance.
- Any other duties as directed by the EVM Manager and Project Management.
We have a range of opportunities from Programme & Project Management to blue collar work in military theatre. Operating in defence, infrastructure, facilities management and construction industry sectors, KBR have a variety of opportunities ranging from provision of services to the military/MOD, to Consultancy services for UK Forensics.
- To view all our career opportunities please click here