The Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust (AFCFT) has provided SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity with a grant of £250,000 to...
Aircraft Engineer Fitter
RNAS Culdrose is one of Europe’s largest helicopter bases, located just outside Helston on the Lizard Peninsula. Here, Serco play a key role in offering maintenance and engineering services to the Royal Navy’s maritime Merlin aircraft fleet.
What we’re looking for:
Previous aviation experience. Personnel being employed in workshops must have relevant workshops and/or technical background.
Experience in completing a Common Objective Task Book (COTB), a Fitters On-Job Task (OJT) Book (by Trade) and passed an oral competency check.
A good knowledge of Merlin aircraft engineering and engineering support equipment, ideally with a working knowledge of the following:
- Merlin Aircraft Systems (by Trade).
- Lean Operating Procedures.
- Naval Air Publications and Compound – Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (C-IETP).
- Health and Safety, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations, Tool Control and Quality Practices.
A completed Maintenance Human Factors Course.
What we offer:
- A basic salary from £26,000 - £26,500 per annum.
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- A 7.30am – 4.00pm working day, with a 1.30pm finish on Fridays.
- Additional training and support to develop you in your career.