Due to the outbreak of coronavirus affecting many parts of the world, the British Forces Post Office (BFPO) has...
Aircraft Engineer Fitter
RNAS Culdrose is one of Europe’s largest helicopter bases, located just outside Helston on the Lizard Peninsula. Here, Serco play a key role in offering maintenance and engineering services to the Royal Navy’s maritime Merlin aircraft fleet.
What we’re looking for:
Previous aviation experience. Personnel being employed in workshops must have relevant workshops and/or technical background.
Experience in completing a Common Objective Task Book (COTB), a Fitters On-Job Task (OJT) Book (by Trade) and passed an oral competency check.
A good knowledge of Merlin aircraft engineering and engineering support equipment, ideally with a working knowledge of the following:
- Merlin Aircraft Systems (by Trade).
- Lean Operating Procedures.
- Naval Air Publications and Compound – Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (C-IETP).
- Health and Safety, the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations, Tool Control and Quality Practices.
A completed Maintenance Human Factors Course.
What we offer:
- A basic salary from £26,000 - £26,500 per annum.
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- A 7.30am – 4.00pm working day, with a 1.30pm finish on Fridays.
- Additional training and support to develop you in your career.