Band 5 Leicester City Staff Nurse (Medical Wards)
Band 5 Staff Nurses for our in-patient medical stepdown wards on Beechwood and Clarendon Ward The Evington centre.
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust provides a range of community health services for both physical and mental health conditions, as well as a range of specialist services supporting people of all ages including family and young people services, mental health, learning disabilities and physical health community and inpatient services. We deliver services to the people of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. Our 5500 staff serves a population of one million from over 100 sites across the region.
We are looking for Band 5 staff nurses who have experience in medical nursing who will take individual responsibility for their work and for their patients to ensure they have a positive experience, and who can demonstrate care and compassion with frail older patients.
- These positions are also suitable for newly qualified or return to practice nurses to join our preceptorship programme
You will be based in one of our medical in-patient wards at the Evington centre caring predominantly for frail, elderly, medically unwell patients.
The wards manage a range of specialities including sub–acute medically unwell patients, those who have complex discharge needs & palliative patients for symptom control or ‘end of life’ care.
The wards all have a multi-disciplinary approach to patient management. Family and MDT goal setting are an integral part of the registered nurse role in all our in-patient areas.
Supported by the Ward Sister and Matron, you will demonstrate and develop your professional accountability, innovative thinking and contribute to the clear vision for the in-patient nursing areas.
- We offer training and personal development within the wards and at our Learning and Development centre to ensure you have the knowledge and skills to meet patient needs and complete your revalidation CPD requirements
- You will be supported through a six month programme of training to ensure you are able to meet your clinical and leadership requirements to provide safe effective care on the ward
We are looking for nurses who share our passion and commitment for providing high quality care through sound clinical decision making in our busy in-patient wards.
- In addition we offer free parking on all our sites
- We offer flexible working patterns and an opportunity to work predominantly days or predominantly nights. We can clarify this at interview
We strongly recommend that you visit one of our wards during the application process so that you understand fully the types of patients on our wards, our patient management process with the MDT, how we facilitate timely discharges and communicate this to our patients and their families.
Please contact Melanie Wakeling (PA to Hospital Matron) on Mobile: 07786 677008 or email email@example.com for further information and to arrange a visit.